Hey Guys?New Player here.... ish.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys?New Player here.... ish.

Hey, ya'll! Im new to the forums, though not so new to the game. I've been playing for about 12 days, but I've already gotten to level 69 and my battle ranking is 30K'ish. I know, I'm really behind item wise, but if any of you have tips for me to get better, that will be well appreciated. However, I have a couple of questions.

1. Can anyone explain Floating damage to me? I'm an archer, and I'm wondering if it has any use to me.

2. Once you clear the campaigns, what is the main resource for bound balens for non cashers?

3. Can anyone explain how do you get S rank clothing? Like what clothing level during synthesis is required for it, and what are the chances.

4. HOW DO U GET BETTER.... ;-;

5. How to you get better sylphs. For example, if you have a pan, how do you get it to the next tier.

6. What skills should archers use, just in general.

And that's just about it. If any of u have tips that you think will be useful, please post it below. D

Originally posted by nightshroudv View Post
    1. Can anyone explain Floating damage to me? I'm an archer, and I'm wondering if it has any use to me.
    So for example, say your multi shot does 10-12k total. A floating point astral will lower and increase the min/max range, making it 9-13k (or whatever % the astral is), long-term overall damage is the same, but the domain is increased. It's generally considered to be a waste.

2. Once you clear the campaigns, what is the main resource for bound balens for non cashers?
    Spire, Dimensional balen mines, Game Box Games, Guild Altar, various other events. None really give a super great amount. (Sky trail may give some, I forget)

3. Can anyone explain how do you get S rank clothing? Like what clothing level during synthesis is required for it, and what are the chances.
    There's clothing levels, and clothing types. Clothing levels have nothing to do with the type. I can have lvl 12 D rank clothing, and I can also have level 1 S rank clothing. Clothing level increases the amount of starting rage. Clothing type increases the amount of stats you get from identifying. S class give 100 for stats at max, A give 40, B give 30, D give 10. I assume you are an archer, so focus on items that give strength, defense, and endurance (ie, weapons, armor, and wings, hair is not as important as it gives intellect).

4. HOW DO U GET BETTER.... ;-;
    Cash. And time. But mostly...... Cash.

5. How to you get better sylphs. For example, if you have a pan, how do you get it to the next tier.
    Get it to level 60, and make it purple using mahra ( don't forget to wait for a mahra event ). Once you get 10 wind star tears, and 1000 star sand, you can make it into a medusa. You can get them from Sky Trail.

6. What skills should archers use, just in general.
    Single shot, Multi-shot, Arrow Pierce, Incendiary Shot, Delphic Sniper, Lunatic. (Honestly, it's easier to name skills not to use than skills to use, archers are lucky in that most of their skills are at least somewhat decent)

And that's just about it. If any of u have tips that you think will be useful, please post it below. D
    If you are going to cash, cash well. Don't be one of those people who buy stupid things, just because they are on sale. Talk to other people and consider what you're buying. If you don't cash at all, good luck, and get the patience of a thousand year old vulture.
    Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-13-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

1. Floating damage doesn't help you in the long run. It increases the randomness of the damage you do. The default is +/-10%. Floating damage merely increases this BOTH WAYS. That means your average damage remains the same but you have a chance of doing higher or lower damage. Some people find it helpful, but I won't touch it with a bargepole.

2. Logging in. You get bundles of BB over a 10-day period and they repeat. Also, Dimension War ocassionally gives balen mines, but most of these are hidden, which means you have to spend a lot of time stepping on every square that does not contain anything. But they give 480 or 1200 BB over a 24 hour period, depending on the quality of the mine.

3. Clothing ranking is fixed. S, A, B, C, D, they are all fixed by R2. There is nothing you can do to change them.

4. Err... That is a novel by itself...

5. Refine it. The Sylph panel will tell you how and what you need to do so.

6. Scattershot, Lunatic Fire, Delphic Sniper, Delphic Star something or other, Multishot. Those are your basics. You will need dual tree for archers. One for support, the other for pure nuking.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
        S
        Cash. And time. But mostly...... Cash.
        No. Time and smarts. My actual balen amount spent <2000 (1k of which is on the resist shield). But I am top 100 cross-server in my region.

Cash gives you a temporary increase but it is not sustainable unless you keep spending more or you know how to take your advantage and keep up the momentum. The latter doesn't happen often. There are/were dozens of people who has cashed FAR more than me in my server when it first started. Only 4 of them are still ahead of me in terms of BR and only 2 of whom I can't defeat regardless of luck, NONE of them are from my original server (2 of the 4 are from an older server, so whether they are there because of cash is debatable).

The smarts come in on what you buy with cash, how you keep your momentum going and how you play your toon. In a fight, there are certain things you can do to take out people who are, on paper, far stronger than you. It is all about capitalising on their mistakes, countering their moves and knowing what your toon is capable of.

Comment

And now that I am back from my venture, allow me to chime in as well:

1. Floating damage is useless on an archer, especially if you are competing in World Boss to get some gold/daru for your trouble. Astrals I had used/already using: PATK, PDEF, MDEF, HP, CRIT (most definitely THAT)... and these are my main 5 (don't ask me about the names, I am sure with closer read, you will know which is which).

2. I don't cash (yet), but been getting my fair share of balens from the following: Spire Chests, Guild Blessing/Altar (always getting the 4's), Dimensional Mines (when it shows up on occasion), Logging in (check in) since they do give a fair share (60+100+150) every 10 days, Keeping a sharp eye in events, especially when they are dropping some large compensation packs for those who are 80 (but don't expect much), Clearing Hero Difficulty Maps (just like regular campaigns, but every SSS grade nets you a somewhat bigger prize), and of course (if your server is lucky) MERGES!!!!

3. I am not going to go into this since I am already disappointed that I gave up on figuring out how the damn thing works; it keeps giving me the same basic clothing I can get in the store for BBs, and most of the time it gives me the same damn ones. I just look at it as a Initial RAGE upgrader which can make you use certain skills in the first round without having to wait until the rage meter is at a certain point to use it.

4. Doing all daily stuff to get items; saving items to be used in events to get more items (Mahra, Sepulcrum, Training Whips, Mount Refine Horseshoes, etc.) and rewards. Clothing IDs will have to wait (for me, you can follow it or go your path) until you get a clothing shard as a reward in the mix so you can use those shards to buy clothing items (full sets) that you do not have (some have titles that come with them). On events where clothing is out of the box, I would wait to get 210 of them (through various events within) so I can trade them all in for the full set/title before gambling to see if you will get the full set (wings are not included, so that's 120 chests/boxes for it off the bat). Buying farm animals in your farm to save your gold so you won't be plundered much out of; you can sell them back for full face value. When you get to level 70 be sure to pick up a Eudaemon and a Sylph for it. I went with mage since I am an archer, and you're only limited to the basic 3 (mage, knight, or archer) when you choose; however, you can get more (or the same ones) when you spend 5 shards to recruit/summon, but that's on chance in which doesn't sit well with me.

5. Sylph Refinement. Basically for the next tier, you will have to get one at lvl 60 and purple to be able to refine it. Costs 1000 sand + 10 star tears of the element of your choice. Most Archers play with either Hades, Eve (still very little on the PATK scale), and Amazon. But pick your best and let it shine for you.

6. Me: Lunatic Fire, Multishot, are my main two. However, I do interchange between (and I don't know the names off-hand) a skill that attacks and gives HP back to you, Armor Piercer (having 4 Archers casting this when the performance is good makes it a doozy at max level), and scatter shot. Haven't gotten the double tree yet, but I am doing fine without it (just got to remember to switch skills I need for the job I am doing like spire/MPD or WB).

Hope this gives an insight.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
            No. Time and smarts.

The smarts come in on what you buy with cash
            In other words...... Cash. Maybe you missed the part where I said -

If you are going to cash, cash well. Don't be one of those people who buy stupid things, just because they are on sale. Talk to other people and consider what you're buying.
            Most everyone recommends only cashing on things that are important, and not on stupid things, which is what we both just recommended.

What you've done on your own server/region is largely irrelevant. You have to admit, that while there are players like you who cash such a small amount and get into the top 100 for ranking, it is not by any means the norm. I'm not even sure its possible to get into the top 100 without cashing anymore, unless you are an extremely patient, and long time player. That, and there's no real verification nor indication for how much any given person has spent without looking at their bank statement or past purchase list. (Anyone can claim they haven't spent much)
            Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-14-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Well, I haven't spent for jack on my guys. In fact, I was going to do the VIP thing but rescinded the idea due to the performance issues as well as other bugs that has been happening since patch 5.0. It'll be February until I can drive down to a shop I used to go and buy me the max allowed memory to upgrade this system with and hoping that R2 doesn't up the requirements (and yet, I have not seen such posted) to be able to play the game in the meantime. I think I had played well enough for the last 7 to 8 months (gosh, I hardly know when I first started 586 when it came out). I am only on now to talk with friends and to tick others (enemies) off.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

In other words...... Cash. Maybe you missed the part where I said -

Most everyone recommends only cashing on things that are important, and not on stupid things, which is what we both just recommended.

What you've done on your own server/region is largely irrelevant. You have to admit, that while there are players like you who cash such a small amount and get into the top 100 for ranking, it is not by any means the norm. I'm not even sure its possible to get into the top 100 without cashing anymore, unless you are an extremely patient, and long time player. That, and there's no real verification nor indication for how much any given person has spent without looking at their bank statement or past purchase list. (Anyone can claim they haven't spent much)
                A log of FB postings that show my balen amount not moving is a pretty good indication

Comment

A log of FB postings that show my balen amount not moving is a pretty good indication
                  Oh I have no reason to doubt you, in fact I'm sure you're telling the truth about how much you've spent. My point point, is that if we were to graph a belle curve showing the relationship between cash and br/strength/ranking, you would be a huge outlier.

Comment

I don't know about that. Surely people can't be that dumb. It is not rocket science to be good at this game...

Comment

Surely people can't be that dumb.
                      Oh yes, yes they can. Plus it's not entirely about intellect; deciding when to cash in on certain events can be a real mix of luck, skill, intuition and patience.

Comment

A short summary ...
                        defense - for now, you get all you want from clothing titles
                        hit points - for now, you get all you want from your sylph
                        attack (strength/p-attack) - this is your priority throughout the game.

the four easiest sources of BASE stat boosting ...

1) Fate stones - there is no event for them, so you can consume them when you get them, and each level is a +200 to major stats (on that note, there are event cycles, and you should save mount whips, hoofs, mahra, sepulcrum and Gems [as in do not upgrade them past level 5] until there is an event with rewards for upgrading them).

2) Clothing events - when you get all four pieces of clothing, you also get a title that is currently +3000 m-defense/p-defense and +10,000 hp. You need 210 event boxes (not event items) to get the set. The best means for a new player to get 210 event boxes is the mahra/sepulcrum events, but that's only every other week. Also note, get all four clothing items at the same time, as you will not get the title if you synth a piece before getting all four pieces.

3) Mount whips and level 8 stables - You gain stable levels as you use mount whips, and levels 5, 6, 7, and 8 come with a free mount that gives you +100 to "root stats" (they become +400 attack/m-def/p-def and +2000 hp).

4) soul crystals plus gems - until you have level 80 gear, you should only care about attack gems. (one clothing-event title is better than a set of 8 defensive gems, and upgrading your sylph gives you far more HP than anything else). Soul crystals/engraving further boost the power of gems. However, there are occasional soul crystal events (hopefully), so I recommend you keep about 13,000 soul crystals to save for events.

Also, regarding gear, your goal is to make level 70 gear, then make it legendary, then make it to level 80 gear. Note the level 80 weapon gives you the +10 rage boost on it's own (no need for the whole set), so make that first. at that time, you can also Holy Forge your 80 gear, and you want to start holy forging your 80 weapon as soon as you can (big boost to attack power).

Final note - if you want to make your br go up quickly, get a eudemon (mage) and give it lots of hit points (diamonds, enchants, etc.). This is basically empty/worthless br, but it makes you look better when trying to get in a group.

Comment

Oh, let me add ...

Fate stones - outside of spinning the wheel and running MPD dungeons, also do arena battles to gain league rank. You can get rank bronze by dying 2-4 times, and bronze = 900 league insignia (weekly rank-reward) = 90 fate stones. Also, if you are willing to die 15 times a day for at least 5 days a week to get rank silver, that's 1200 league insignia (weekly) plus about 150 more from battles. There are also some event exchanges for fate stones every now and then.

Event boxes for clothing events and other exchanges - when you figure this out, you basically figure out the game (or the cash cow posing as a game).

Mount whips - farming and event exchanges.

Soul crystals - circuit quests, insignia shop, chaos wars shop (even if you don't play), sylph-atoll shop.

Gems - need to get them wherever you can early on - crypt/catacombs and events

All of the above - dimension wars/maps - exploring the maps will reveal 2-3 good boxes per dimension (usually 500 soul crystals or 50 mahra). Also, there is a resistance crystal event that rewards making level 5+ resist crystals (note, making a level 5+ will crystal counts as a resist crystal)

Comment

If your a new player,quite while you have a chance.there
                            are several mmo games out there with real crafting and
                            real quest lines.but if you like farming the same stuff
                            over and over and over,etc,etc,etc,etc,for months with
                            no end in sight,then this is the game for you.

Comment

Working...
                            X